Social Security paper checks are “supposed to go away by March 2013”.  “People still receiving checks now can sign up for direct deposit or a Direct Express Debit card.”  “Direct Express Debit card is designed for people who do not have bank accounts.”

For a Direct Express Debit card, people can call 1-800-333-1795 or go to

There will still be some exceptions to still receive a paper check but, people would need to request a waiver.  Waiver applications can be requested by calling 1-800-333-1795.

There is information on the Social Security Administration’s website


Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google photo

You are commenting using your Google account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )

Connecting to %s